User is aware that the use of the internet can never be 100% secure and that there are certain inherent risks for the protection of personal data. Brick Works Academy shall exercise reasonable diligence to protect personal data but it cannot guarantee or warrant that data provided by the User to Brick Works Academy is safe and protected from unauthorized third party access and no liability is accepted in this respect.
Information We Collect
You may provide information through optional and voluntary submissions. These voluntary submissions include, but are not limited to, information necessary to create an account with the Site, purchase programs through the Site, provide information on our Site to contact us to get further information about Brick Works Academy, our services, and/or other information, and/or post comments/questions either through Facebook forum or via e-mail.
When registering or using the Site, certain personal data may be collected and processed in accordance with established European standards of data protection. Collected personal data includes or may include in the future, name and address, age, gender, family, school and preferences and IP address. You can refuse to supply personally identification information. However, provision of your information is necessary for us to be able to perform our services and operate our Site. If you do not provide such necessary information, or if you delete or remove it, we may not be able to perform services for you and you may not be able to access or use certain elements of the Site.
User acknowledges and agrees that Brick Works Academy, by way of setting cookies, may collect data on usage of the Site and/or related services by User such as IP address, duration of a session and page views on the Brick Works Academy website. Such data is not necessarily retained, neither is it necessarily retained within the country in which the individual member resides. User may at all times erase cookies from their computer by using the respective functions of the browser. User acknowledges and accepts that the removal of cookies may have an impact on the performance of the services. Notwithstanding the disabling of the cookies, users’ may remain traceable through use of their individual membership details (such as username and password).
How we Use Collected Information
We collect and use our Users’ information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site and other services – We use your information and share it with select third parties in order to display content on the Site correctly and to otherwise make the Site function properly. We also use your information and share it with select third parties in order to maintain and develop the Site and in connection with other services we provide.
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To research our services – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site and to evaluate the effectiveness of the Site and our marketing and business efforts.
- To improve our Site – We use User information and feedback and share it with select third parties to improve our products and services.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them – We use User information and share it with select third parties on an ongoing basis to share details, news, and marketing information about our services and the services of select third parties.
- To send periodic emails – We may use your email address to send you information and updates or to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We may also disclose any collected information, including personally identifiable information, if: (1) the disclosure is necessary or useful to our provision of services; (2) we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, interests, or property; (3) we are acting in good faith to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request; (4) we believe in good faith the disclosure is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or similar legal or administrative process; and (5) a third party purchases or otherwise acquires us or the Site, in which case your information will likely be among the assets transferred.
We reserve the right to store your information for the amount of time we reasonably determine to be necessary in order to perform the purposes for which that information was collected or otherwise processed.
Sharing Your Information
In addition to the uses and disclosures described above, we may share information with third parties for marketing or other purposes. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via the contact information listed below.
Third Party Websites
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to help protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored in connection with our Site.
Members may at all times request access to the personal data collected and if inaccurate they may request that such collected personal data is corrected, that the collection of personal data is blocked or that the collected personal data is erased, subject to legal provisions or orders from state authorities such as courts requiring Simplify3D to store and maintain such personal data at the disposal of the authorities.
Individuals in the European Union (EU) may have certain rights with respect to their personally identifiable information which is protected by law (“Personal Data”), including the rights to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data;
- request information about our processing, including categories of your Personal Data collected, information about the source of that collection, the purposes of processing, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your Personal Data has been or will be disclosed;
- restrict or object to how we process your Personal Data;
- withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Data in some circumstances;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- receive your Personal Data provided to us or have that Personal Data transmitted to another controller without hindrance (also known as “data portability”)
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at: email@example.com
We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity prior to disclosing any information to you. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identity will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note we transfer your information, including Personal Data, to the Canada and process it there. Your submission of information to us represents your consent to that transfer. Please note the EU has not adopted an adequacy decision with respect to data transfers to the Canada; however, we value your privacy and protect your data using reasonable information security practices.
This document was last updated on May 29, 2018